Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Scrappy Trip Along Quilt...

After seeing many of my "Instagram' friends making this quilt, I decided to give it a try, if nothing else it would use up some of my scraps from my stash.

So I challenged myself to the task, and made myself make each block totally different, I was not to use the same fabric twice - even with the large amount of fabrics I had, it was still difficult as I still had to make the fabrics work together.

I firstly made piles of fabrics that I wanted to use, then put them together in sets of six fabrics, that blended together nicely!! Then I had to cut a 16" strip from each fabric; stitch them together, crosscut, unpick and restitch, until I had 36 blocks total. It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun!!

I stitched the blocks together to create a diamond design, but this can also be stitched to create zig-zags or chevrons, which I might try one day, when I have another stash of fabrics to use up!! It really is an effective design!!

I just got it back the other day from the quilters, in which they quilted with swirling daisies, and looks great!

Another quilt finished....

Until next time



Jessica said...

Found your blog via IG, this quilt looks amazing!

Sue Niven said...

Wow! simply stunning.