Sunday, April 21, 2013

Australian Quilt Convention Visited...

Today, on a cold Autumn morning; bright and early, I headed off to the Quilt Show, with my good friend Nancy, to be inspired, and to see what crafters and quilters were doing, what was 'in vogue' 
and to shop, shop, shop!!

Held in the beautiful "Royal Exhibition Building" in the Carlton Gardens; it was the perfect setting for a wonderful display of quilts and a great variety of patchwork shops and stalls.



We spent the first part of the morning wandering around the shops, looking at what was in, and spending some money on fabrics, patterns and notions.



I spent some money on a cute little collection of fabrics from "The Quilter's Barn'



 and picked up some "Liberty Prints' from "Ballarat Patchwork', these I have wanted for ages...


We then went through the 'quilt show' and were thoroughly inspired by the detail of some of the quilts on display, I was amazed by the quality and captured by the story that 
each quilt told.


Here are a few of my 'show' favourites:


(Detail)




(Detail)

(Detail)




(Detail)




(Detail)


(Hand Painted and Quilted)


I just wish some day I could display one of my quilts in a show too. But I'm not a member of a quilt guild, which I think by the look of things you need to be; that is; to be in a show!! Never mind, I enjoy just making quilts for me and mine...

Until next time,

Keep Quilting,

Sharni
XX











No comments: